Fraternity & Sorority Affairs has implemented a series of minimum expectations for all chapters associated with our office. Below is a listing with links to important information regarding the specific expectations which shall be executed by the chapter president and/or his/her designee when denoted.
- Update the Chapter's Roster & Officer Listing each semester on the Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Roster System.
- Update the Chapter President Contact Information when a new chapter president has been elected or contact information has changed. This can be done by emailing email@example.com or calling our office at (217) 333-7062.
- Facilitate completion and submission of New Member Rights & Grade Release Forms. It is an expectation for each and every new member who joins the fraternity and sorority community at Illinois to complete and have on file in our office a New Member Rights & Grade Release Form. While our office has an expectation for each members to sign and date the "Guaranteed Rights of Members," we encourage chapter leaders to have member sign and date the Fraternity & Sorority Grade Release Form in order for our office to list each member's grades on the academic grade report.
- Attend the New Chapter President Orientation once during your term.
- Attend the Chapter Presidents' Leadership Academy (CPLA).
- Attend the New Member Educator Forum (for New Member Educators, presidents are not required to attend).
- Schedule and attend a Semester Meeting with your chapter's Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Staff Liaison. These meetings should be completed within the first two months of the semester. Get the listing of Fraternity & Sorority Staff Liaisons (pdf). To schedule a meeting with your Staff Liaison, please call our office at (217) 333-7062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign and submit the Board of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Anti-Hazing Statement each semester. These can be picked-up in our office located in Suite 409 of the Turner Student Services Building.
- Attend a GUARD: Consent & Sexual Assault Prevention for Fraternities & Sororities Workshop.
- Attend Fire Factor once a calendar year (for chapters with certified housing only and House Managers only, presidents are not required to attend.)
- Attend Private Certified Housing Meetings (for chapters with certified housing only and House Managers and Presidents only).
- Submit the Chapter Semester Report. The Chapter Semester Report will ask for services hours completed and funds donated by the chapter to external entities. In addition, you'll also be asked to submit information regarding your membership development programming.
- Read the Fraternity & Sorority Affairs (FSA) Newsletter. The FSA Newsletter is sent to all chapter presidents and consists of general updates in the following areas: Upcoming Events; Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Events, Programs, and deadlines; Campus and Community Announcements; and Volunteer Opportunities.
Should you have any questions regarding Chapter Expectations, please contact your Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Staff Liaison. Get the listing of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Staff Liaisons (pdf).